1. Infectious Diseases
Molecular Infectious Disease Laboratories provide a full menu of testing in the areas of Bacteriology, Mycobacteriology, Virology and Antimicrobial Susceptibility. We provide various infectious agents covered all organ systems and most of common pathogens burdened in Thailand area.
1) Sexual transmitted disease such as HPV, Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrheae
2) Respiratory tract infection such as Influenza A/B, Respiratory syncytial virus and Mycoplasma pneumoniae
3) Meningitis and encephalitis pathogens such as Japanese encephalitis virus, Herpesvirus and Varicella Zoster Virus
4) Gastrointestinal pathogens such as Clostridium difficile
5) Tropical diseases such as Zika virus, Dengue virus and Chikungunya virus
2. Molecular genetics
Most inherited diseases commonly found in Thailand and also prenatal screening can be performed in our laboratory including Pre implantation screening (PGS), Alpha thalassemia, Pharmacogenetics and also Non-invasive Prenatal Screening (NIPS).
3. Molecular oncology
1) Aiding diagnosis tools such as JAK2 V617F in Myeloproliferative neoplasms and FLT3 mutation in AML
2) Monitoring disease progression such as plasma EGFR
3) Companion diagnosis tests for combined with target therapy assessment such as RAS, RAF and EGFR
4. Flow cytometry
To monitor immunocompromised patients and classify hematological malignancies, flow cytometry is a useful tool for study clonal markers on blood cells and identify subset of indistinguishable cells including Lymphocyte subsets (T cells/B cells/NK cells) and Immunophenotype for acute myeloid leukemia and lymphoma.